Friday, April 4, 2014

Coffee body scrub...

Now the weather is getting hot and we will be showing some legs and arms we would like them to be in top condition for the beach or for those shorts ..
I've been using this for about a year now with a little break in the winter.. I have a little container were I save my coffee grounds after I make my morning and afternoon coffee, the container should not be airtight and you should spread the coffee around to air dry so it doesn't produce mold..
Some benefits of this body scrub are :


  • It helps good blood circulation 
  • It reduces cellulite 
  • It tightens and firms the skin
  • It makes your  skin soft and silky
  • It moisturizers your body


So you will need

  • I container with a lid about 400 gr I use a yogurt container 
  • Coffee grounds 
  • 1/2 a cup Olive oil or any carrier oil that you like to use I was happy with oilive oil for this
  • 6 tbs Salt
  • Essential oils
  • 2 tsp Cinnamon 
So what you do is really easy, in a mixing bowl put your coffee and add the olive oil , add your salt and cinnamon .. Mix it all up with a plastic or wooden spoon. What your looking for is for the scrub to be wet and not soupy.. Not to runny but not to dry.. Just moist .. If you need more oil add it in slowly mix and test.. If its to oily just add more coffee .. I just eye ball mine I don't measure any of the ingridients as its so simple you can't go wrong..
When its the right consistency add your oils, about 20 drops should be just enough.. The coffee smell is really strong but the oils you choose will leave a nice scent on your skin. I use lavender , lemon ,rose geranium . A little bit of peppermint will leave a nice tingling sensation to your skin..
So what you do is hop in your bath follow your normal soaping routine and when you rinse off the soap scoop the scrub out with your fingers and massage in to your arms, legs,shoulders and feet for about 5 minutes.. Use a light massaging circular motion and then rinse off. I use it on my face as well once or twice a week and it leaves my face really soft and silky.. You will find that you won't need to apply a moisturizer when you come out and dry because the oil doesn't all wash off , witch is a good thing .. You could use this ever day focussing more on troubled areas or every other day..
Hope you enjoyed this post ..

No comments:

Post a Comment