Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Healthy oat raisin cookies...

Today I will be sharing a healthy cookie recipe , Oat raisin cookies.. Packed with nutrition and health without using any refined sugar .. Kids can practically have these for breakfast with a glass off milk without feeling guilty that you feed them cookies.. And kids love them..
For benefits of raisins go to this link:http://www.3fatchicks.com/10-health-benefits-of-raisins/
And for  oat benefits go here:http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=54

So on with the recipe:



You will need:
  • 1 cup oats( not fast cook)
  • I cup butter or coconut oil
  • 1 cup agave syrup
  • I tsp baking soda
  • I tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs( substitute with banana) this is what I do so 2 medium sized bananas mashed
  • I tsp cinnamon 
  • I tsp gloves( optional)
  • I cup whole grain flour
  • I cup oats
What you do is this:
Preheat your oven to 150 degrees C and line your cookie trays with parchment paper.
Beat butter until creamy and fluffy, add your agave syrup and beat, add your eggs or banana and beat until creamy 
Add your vanilla, cinnamon and gloves if using and then sieve though your flour and baking soda, add your oats and raisins. By this time you would like to stir all off the mixture with a rubber spatula its easier.  Scoop out with a ice cream scoop equal sized balls on your cookie tray and flatten a little with the back off a spoon. Turn up your oven to 185 degrees C and cook for about 15 minutes , until edges are golden brown. 
Take out off the oven and let them cool down.. And enjoy!!!!
  
  


















No comments:

Post a Comment