Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Diy tub scrub..

Hi there I have a short post for you but very effective.. I will share with you my diy recipe for scrubbing tubs ,toilets and faucets . You get the clean toilets and kitchens without the chemicals that are harmful for us and the invoroment.. And you will feel great about doing your part for the planet and keeping your family healthy.
So is simple and you most probably have all the ingredients in your own pantry..
You will need:

  1. 1 cup Baking soda
  2. Liquid soap like fairy or (Castile soaping you can get hold of it)
  3. Half cup White vinegar 
  4.  20 drops of one kind Essential oils( lemon, tea tree,lavender) tea tree and lavender are antiseptic.
     Any citrus kind of oil works good for a fresh smell.
  5. Container with a lid
So what you do is this:
Measure out your cup of baking soda and squirt some fairy liquid on top of the baking soda , slowly poor out the vinager SLOWLY I meen it , and mix as your poor.Its tricky but doable:-) mix all together until you get a nice paste . If its too runny add some more baking soda until you get a nice paste like consinstancy. Add your oils and mix again.
Put the lid on and when you ready to use it take a scrubby sponge and scrub your tubs and faucets...Leave it on for a couple of minutes and them wash off..
Now I don't know the exact amount of fairy liquid that I put in I just eye ball it, if I had to guess though I would say about 2 table spoons..

* another tip in between your toilet and kitchen scrubs you could use your lemon peels when your
done with the lemon juice , rub the lemon in the sinks and taps to get them shiny .. This works well for everyday cleaning ..
Good luck and happy scrubbing :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment