Wednesday, October 23, 2013

DIY mouthwash

I wrote this post this morning and when I was all done I touched the button Publish and something happened and my post got erased!! And I was not happy to say the least:-)
But here I am again so today I will tell you all,about my mouthwash I made last night.. It is super good and tasty too.
I will write about the benefits of the spices I used to make this super smell good mouthwash..

 Cinnamon improves taste and aroma, in addition to being antimicrobial and a modest pain reliever. The inner bark is the part of the plant from which either the powder or the more concentrated oil is derived, and is the only part approved for use as a medicinal herb by the prestigious German Commission E. 

Cinnamon has properties that are antimicrobial, antiviral, antifungal, and slightly anesthetic, which can be beneficial for sore tissues. The oil and bark have been traditional folk remedies for many years. For example, the oil was listed as part of the household inventory of herbal medicines in 1834 of Maryland's Homewood House, built by one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. It has historically been used to numb teeth and gums, including the gums of teething infants.

Cinnamon is also considered one of the most concentrated sources of antioxidants.

Clove:
The reason clove is helpful to oral pain and disease is because it is an antiseptic, antifungal, antibacterial and anesthetic. Over the centuries clove was often used for pain relief and infection control during oral procedures. Clove has a numbing affect that eases pain, and it's other properties can help prevent or even reverse infection or soreness.

So lets get on with our mouthwash :

  • 2 tsp cinnamon 
  • 2 tsp clove
  • 1 tsp nutmeg 
  • 1cup vodka
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • 2 tsp stevia( optional) I didn't use it in mine I like the taste of the spices as they are.
  • I empty clean bottle
So you boil your water and add your spices , give a nice stir with a spoon and  now you will have to leave them to soak for about 4 hours or overnight. When the time is up you use a sieve and strain out the water, add the vodka and stevia if using and transfer the mouthwash to a clean bottle .. 
To use: Poor about 1/4 off the mouthwash to your cup and 1/2 of water , swish it in your mouth spit out and repeat until all the mixture is done from the cup .
You will have a fresh clean mouth ,breath that smells good and a bacteria free mouth.. You will feel a tinkling in your mouth but that is just the mouthwash working and killing the nasty little bacteria in your mouth.. If you feel you want it stronger add more mouthwash or less for weaker one..
Hope you try this out .. Have a good day:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment