Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Diy loose powder foundation

I made this powder foundation the other day and I would like to sharers with you. It's really simple and inexpensive . The ingredients you might already have in your pantry and its good for those days that is hot to put on loads of makeup and you just want something light and easy to wear with your mascara.
This is also good to use for shine control and over make up as a finishing vail. You would have to adjust to ingredients to get the right shade for your skin tone.
You will need:

  • Corn starch or arrowroot
  • Coco powder
  • Ginger if you have (yellow pigments )
  • Green clay ( if you have red pigments)
  • Empty container with a lid. You could use old make up ones.
What you do :
Take a bowl and start by adding corn starch or arrowroot and add the coco powder slowly until you get the color tone that matches your skin, add a tiny bit of ginger if your yellow pigmented or  green clay if your red. I use just a touch of beet root to give it a nice tone.
Now the measurements are all about your skin tone. So in mine as I am fair skinned I used coco powder on the tip of the tsp and mixed very well and added more as I went along ,test it on the back of your wrist and see if its good for you. Mix it very well so it's all incorporated and store in your container.
I use mine on days that I don't want to put on a lot of make up and I get a good smooth result.
I have oily skin and this stays on all day on a got day without any shine, I also use it as a setting vail when I put on my makeup to keep my skin shine free.
Benefits of Cornstarch
Although it's a little known secret, many people use cornstarch as a replacement for setting powder. It produces the same desired effect, absorbing the oils from your skin and keeping your entire makeup
presentation fairly matte. Some women have claimed that using cornstarch provides better results than the traditional face powder. Ideally, you should only use a light application of cornstarch after you have applied your makeup.
To apply:
Use a kabuki brush or any soft fluffy one that you have and put some powder in the top of your container ,sweep  it up with your brush and turn the brush up side down and tap it on a surface ,then tab it on your skin starting from the forehead ..
That's is ..good luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment